Saturday, August 24, 2013

Glacier National Park first day OMG!!

 Old Ranger barn
 1913 Ranger cabin
 Beaver pond and lodge-on our hike


 View from campground


 I did GOOD on this shot!
)

On the hike


Doing the blog last today.  Wanted to make sure I got some pictures posted before I don't have internet (about the 30th)

We rode over to Many Glacier and ate breakfast at the lodge.  The view from this was fantastic!

David and I went on a 2 hour trail ride this morning.  I was on Waldo and he was on Dawson. It took me TWO attempts to get my butt on Waldo!  We saw a wolf in the woods while we were stopped in the woods.  He was big!  Later on the ride, David and I saw a coyote trotting along the side of the woods while we were riding in the prairie area.  There is NO way I can adequately describe how beautiful these mountains are.  It is like being in a movie set.

My age is definitely showing as my knees (David's knees always hurt him when riding.  This was the first time mine hurt) were killing me by the time the ride was over.  BUT we're going again in Yellowstone.

This afternoon David and I went on a 3.5 mile hike to see the Beaver Pond and the old Ranger's cabin.  We both had our bear spray.  Friends and family that know me, know that I'm usually quiet.  HA!!  I yelled and clapped and talked to the "Bear" the entire hike.  David said that he wished he had recorded me.  LOL!  Hey,  I was letting the bears know that we  were around.

Tomorrow we move to the National Park campground, so we won't have internet, electricity or water.  We are dry camping for the next few days.

We will be heading to Cody, Wyoming later this week.  I'll post pictures and blog then.

No comments:

Post a Comment