Sunday, August 18, 2013

Help Wanted--must be able to read maps

Saturday was not one of our better days.  Making our way around Chicago was horrendous.  Six lanes of traffic for hours.  We did take a nice detour through the Ohare airport.  Yep, we took the RV right thru the passenger arrivals and then got back on the highway we needed to be on.  That was the first "oops" with navigation.
David and I have been married 21 years (next week) and he SHOULD know by now that I am "spatial challenged" and have NEVER EVER been able to read a map.  All my friends and coworker know that about me.  So it shouldn't surprise him when I gave him inaccurate directions for our campground Saturday. I do believe I heard David mutter "that I should be spending time learning how to read a map instead of playing Candy Crush!"  LOL!!    I only wish I had taken a picture of Wisconsin Dells when we went through it (twice) about 5:00 pm.  Think of Myrtle Beach, Key West, and Atlantic City rolled all together.  This will give you a picture of what it looked like as we crept through town with me navigating.  It was NOT a pretty sight.  We finally get to the campground and it did NOT get any better there. Came in the wrong gate, went down a long hill that was difficult for David to turn around.  I checked us in and rode to the site on the golf cart with the lady.  Thought maybe David might need some alone time.    No cell service.   Needless to say, we were excited to leave Wisconsin Dells.

  This was town at 8:30 on our way OUT!!

In case you are wondering what Wisconsin Dells is..... it is on the Wisconsin River and EVERYBODY must come here to see and be on the river.


These people were having FUN on the Wisconsin River at the campground.



No comments:

Post a Comment